Sunday, October 31, 2010

On the Half Way of the End of the Journey

Week 5 is coming..time is surely running faster than I thought..

It's been a hard week..I missed my blog and the board but I couldn't push myself through the real things I have here..Thank you for Robert for his understanding..


What do I have this week? we continue our priceless lesson by making a lesson plan called Technology Enhanced Lesson Plans. It's similar with the common lesson plan but we have to add technology which can help our teaching process. It's quite tough in order to focus in applying this new technique and write it down on a piece of paper although we have done this activity many times. Changing the mindset of the old way of teaching and gradually embrace the new techniques take some times to get used to..when I tried to make one..I wrote with the "old" way I knew. I think this week is more practical and help us to plan the final project step by step. 
This week's materials are about Reading and Writing skills so I think I have already had the whole package in one "bag"  but still I will need more "bags" till the Week 10.  Krajka's article gives a new perspective of teaching writing through 3 basic elements which are web pages, email connection and creating class websites. Robert said that these kinds of methods were something common for teachers who were familiar in teaching with technology but he also said that we lived in different situation. It's a new thing for me as I never taught in a class which provides the internet connection but it is always fun to find new challenge..isn't it?

Liang's article also gives new method in teaching reading..She suggested to use e-books as the main materials for the students and led them to discuss about these on class blogs. Blog will encourage the students to give more comments or opinions without having hesitation feeling because they don't have to face their classmates personally. It will be good for introvert students.


I also found out a new link for speaking class : Free English Now . It provides many free MP3 files to teach specific purpose, for example, Greetings and Introduction.I also have 3 links from Robert as the required websites to explore. I like Lauri's ESL Website because it provides many interesting flashes to be used in listening and reading classes. The other goodies for my bag for sure.

It's almost the half way to the end of this journey but I will enjoy every minute I have to get there .... ^^


3 comments:

  1. Hi Dhika,

    Looks like most of us, including you, Rahmat and me, have had a very busy week! :)
    Nevertheless, it was a very productive week because we discovered new online resources like Lauri's ESL website and read several articles.
    I hope week 5 will be less overwhelming and even more productive!

    Shahnoza

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey guys,

    Don't feel so bad about yourselves, at least you are doing all the tasks needed.. I was away traveling outside my country and where I went was extremely cold, I got fever, internet connection in hotel was a massacre, and I couldn't finish anything!!
    you feel better? I really hope so :D

    Regards,
    Eugenie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear girls..

    @Shahnoza : Yes..you're right..mine is more about family matters ;) but everything is going fine now..I agree with you...it was a very productive week..I am sure that we will have more productive weeks for the rest 5 weeks.. ^^


    @Eugiene : Owh.. sorry to hear that :( I got the problem with my internet connection too for few days..
    haha..yes..I do feel better..:))

    ReplyDelete