Sunday, October 17, 2010

At the End of the Week (Week 2)

It's Sunday here in my local time..I am preparing for the Week 3.. Yay! Time is running faster then I thought.. I still feel the rush which I had at the beginning of this week..All I can say that I don't want to feel that situation again.. No more.. I agree with Shahnoza that we have to manage our time to do many things at the same time.. will it take our energy to do it? No doubt of it but I think we'll survive *Girls..keep on moving*

As you can read on my header..I put a quote there..I think it suits with us as a teacher..doesn't it? I got it from an adventure game which I have in my computer..Yes..I spend my spare time by reading and sometimes playing some games..ahh..it's only my mumbling story..

Back to the topic...it's the end of the week..Week 3 is coming..our class run smoothly and we have a great time on the board..sharing about everything we know or we haven't known yet..this week has 4 tasks and the reading materials which we should read and discuss it..the first time I got the email from Robert.. I said to myself.."4 tasks..okay..4 tasks.." but I had my time to read and did the task on Wednesday (local time)..Tuesday in Oregon's local time..aarghhh..I even could here the 'tick tock..tick tock' from the clock..haha..
Then I found out that some of my colleagues here felt the same way like me.. It seemed that we were busy at the beginning of the week..


About the tasks.. The search engines that we should search on Noodletools gave me other perspectives of searching the information that I need on the internet..they are all about search engines for academic purpose.. The feeling of being a Google fan just fade away..some of us here feel that there is no other search engines but Google...Now I know for sure that I can rely on these search engines if I need some academic information such as the journals,articles,books, magazines without being frustrated of reading many articles which are not related at all..but for non-academic purpose..Google is still the best one..

I have opened most of the links on NoodleTools..tried to find something and I chose 2 webs which I think they are suitable for me and my students.. They are iSeek Education (http://education.iseek.com) and Sweet Search (http://www.sweetsearch.com/). 
The review of these two :
1. iSeek Education (http://education.iseek.com)
The first impression that caught me was the simplicity, directly to the points and I could find other related links on the right with specific keywords..simple and multifunction

2. Sweet Search (http://www.sweetsearch.com/)
It provides brief summaries from many related links directly next to the main results so it's easier to find some information without taking some time to click on the links 


Based on the board..these two have many good reviews there..I have added them on my lists..
Another tasks is about ABCD Objectives..this is the first time I know about it and after taking a while to understand it..I learn that it is similar with Lesson Plan that I have to make for every lesson I teach..but in simple form..It's more like the main points of teaching-learning process..my "lesson plan" is describing the steps of the process..


It's great to learn new term like this..so I have the guideline of making objectives for the lessons..surely I learn a lot through this course..most of us feel the same..


The last task is about describing a class..I have read my colleagues' posts about their classes..they are interesting..with all the background of the students..class condition..the technology which is being used in the class..even about mannerism.. we have our own problems dealing with many things such as the facilities..the technology and many more but in the end..we all agree that as the teachers..we will do the best for our students..can't agree more than that ..






2 comments:

  1. Dear Dhika,

    I think "Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance" is the right thing. We all should keep it in mind in order to advance our performance.

    PS. lovely pictures. how do you find them? what search engine and keyword do you use to find such nice images?

    Shahnoza :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Shahnoza..

    Yes..you're right..I thought the same way when I got this quote for upgrading my game's level :D

    About the pictures..I got it from Getty Images..I love this web because it's reliable web for good quality of images..you can choose illustration or photography..I will share it on my Delicious ^^

    Dhika

    ReplyDelete