Sunday, November 7, 2010

My "bag" is getting bigger and bigger.. (Week 5)

It's a very productive week as Shahnoza's wish and time consuming as Yudi said. I am totally agree since I need more time in completing all the tasks..we have PBL, Webquest, and Rubrics this week. I must admit that Webquest and Rubrics took me a while to comprehend. Both of them are new to me especially the rubrics because I used write down the rubrics in my Assessment Book and kept it simple. I kept in my mind the categories of the assessment. Now I have to write it down with the explanation. Thanks to Rubistar for making it easier for me and whola..I made one.. 

I took a while too in making my first webquest and realized it was easier to explain something using this technique. It is so organized. Based on my classmates' experience with blog and webquest when they asked their students to make one..I think it will be great to apply these to my students too..

One major thing this week is PBL and the discussion about it is so interesting on the board. In my opinion, PBL surely can change the way of teaching with more attractive ways. After reading Susan Gaer's article, I learned that this technique even can change a community ! I know it depends on the situation but it is worth it to try, isn't it?
I think the class will need more "bags" for the rest of the weeks..

5 comments:

  1. Hi Dhika,
    It took a while to understand Webquests. Well, I've been thinking about Webquests since the beginning of the week.
    Nada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dhika,

    Aren't the new approaches all so amazing?!It was my first time writing a Rubric too;I always borrowed others' rubrics.I'm glad that you too agree that PBL can change the way of teaching and highly involves student interaction.

    Eugenie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dhika,

    I do agree with you about writing a rubric. It needs much time to concentrate on each detailed item.
    I liked your comment on considering PBL as a change for the whole community. This is exactly what we need to do this shift in our teaching process(a whole community).

    Regards

    Hala

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dhika,
    So your bag is getting bigger and bigger. Remember sister you have four weeks to go. You had better look for another bag. What a course. It offers new things everyday.

    I also learnt about the two terminologies- web quest and rubrics this week. In fact I have not yet created a web quest even now but at least I managed to create a rubric. Your are better of. Keep it up.

    Mbatia Francis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dhika and all,

    Indeed, it was a very productive week! We all learned many new things, especially, rubrics and webquests! Just like you, it took me some time to understand and develop my own rubric and webquest. It was a real challenge!

    Dears, I'm so glad that we all have done everything on time and didn't miss any assignment for this week! Francis is right, we have a lot more to learn, so keep up good work and good luck in Week 6! :)

    Cheers,
    Shahnoza

    ReplyDelete