Monday, November 15, 2010

I need more wings... (Week 6)

Flying with bigger bag around my neck is not always easy...I must admit that I tried so hard to keep up but I realized that sometimes I need to take a rest in order to fly higher.

This week is full with new experiences such as making an interactive PPT, engaging students and teaching large class. The links provided truly led me to many informational links. Interactive PPT took me a while to make it since I used to make the ordinary one..although I felt that I could make a better PPT but the one I submitted to Wikiclass was a good example of learning a new technique for me. 

The discussion about Engaging Students informed me that many techniques are available for us to use. I read my classmates' experiences and found out that I need to "dig" deeper. Technology provides many excellent ways to engage the students to the lesson and I realize that I am on the right track to embrace them. I am so happy that I have many experienced classmates here..


I agree that large classes are challenging.. it needs a powerful strategy to overcome the obstacles but I think I have more than one powerful strategy which I can use based on the course. Small group,Think-Pair-Share,ConcepTest,Concept Map etc are several techniques which are available to be used. Amazing..isn't it?


Week 7 is coming..Final Project is on the way..Hope we can reach the end with bigger bag and wings..



 

4 comments:

  1. Dear Dhika,
    Indeed, the more we dig the more we see there is more out there,. I think that although we are tired and short of time, it is great to be learning new techniques that can help us become better teachers.
    Regards,
    Nourit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nourit..

    Yes..you're right..with all the external things we have in real life..having this community as part of our daily life gives us an opportunity to be a better teacher ^^

    Can you believe that we are almost at the end of this wonderful course? soon enough we will miss it..

    Regards

    Dhika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dhika,

    You are right, we need to take a rest in order to fly higher! But I guess, here we have no such opportunity. The bag is getting heavier and heavier week by week! Just try to keep it up and go on! Just 3 more weeks left, right? Afterwards, we're going to miss it! :) That's what I say to myself!

    PS. Dhika, are you on Facebook?

    Shahnoza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Shahnoza..

    Yes..it's getting bigger and bigger as you said. I try so hard to keep up and also enjoy the moments. I am sure I will miss it and also miss my classmates..

    P.S. finally we meet in "other worlds" ! glad to meet you there !

    ReplyDelete