Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sitting here with bigger bag.. (Week 7)

I don't think that I will fly higher than the previous week since I put more bags around my neck this week along with cookies bags from the Eid Mubarak.. *it's only me making a joke.. lol*

This week started with 2 discussions on the board and a lot of reading materials but I found out myself reading only few of them. Learner autonomy is one of the hot issues along with one-computer option. Thanasoulas'  article gave a very good quote says Autonomy is a process, not a product. I can not agree more about it. It's truly a process both in teachers and students' side. Dealing with one-computer classroom is not as easy as it looks. Carol and Francis' posting about their situation in the class gave me a new perspective that we should maximize what we have now and make the best of it. They inspire me to do the best.

It's time to prepare the final project and I hope that I can finish it on time..

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dhika,

    I do agree with you about dealing with students' autonomy as a process rather than a product and that was my idea towards the issue in my posts and the week reflection.

    One of our colleagues suggested to postponed applying this autonomy till later ages, while I see it the other side; as early we consider applying it as better results we achieve.


    Regards

    Hala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dhika,

    I salute you through the final hardships that we are going through, though they are fruitful and "baggy". The one computer classes are not really a piece of cake,especially when it comes to class motivation and keeping their curiosity at its tops till the end of the session. But as our job requirement, it is our duty to keep on trying till students reach their learning autonomy.

    Regards,
    Eugenie

    ReplyDelete
  3. HALO THERE,

    I hope Eid Mubarak gave you enough energy to carry your heavy bags.

    Yes, using one computer with large classes is not sweet music, but we must learn to work with scarce resources and where we have nothing lets borrow.

    mbatia francis

    ReplyDelete